Sunday, June 8, 2008

Primary Here I Come

June 8, 2008
today i was set apart for a calling that i have accepted as the primary chorister. yes that's right...the primary chorister i was suprised when they exstended the calling. i thought...umm well i don't read music, i don't understand beat patterns, and i can't really carry a tune, but the savior knows where i'll learn the most and i guess that's why once again i'm in a primary calling :)
i have to say i was a little nervous when today they just told me to stick to 3/4 or 4/4, it was like..haha okay. but luckly the substitute showed up and said i could just observe for the day. fathers day is next week so i do get to participate in my first program. i know that heavenly father will guide me to teach the incrediable children in the ward, and although i am a little overwhelmed i'm so excited to learn all i can from the children. and if anyone has any tips or advice i'd love to hear them!

3 comments:

Daniel B. said...

Janie, you're gonna do awesome! After only 10 months experience, I can attest that the primary is the best place to be! You'll have them eating out of your hands in no time...and if it's going slow, just do "Head, shoulders, knees and toes," or "Do as I'm doing." You can't lose with those two.

Cleverly Triple said...

that's so exciting! i wish i were chorister and not nursery leader...wanna trade? i've taken a lot of music lessons, i can show you what they're talking about when they say 3/4 4/4.

Lyndzee said...

I was just recently relaesaed after serving 2 1/2 years as the chorister and now I am the secretary and I have to say that I think the chorister is the best calling in the church. You get to spend more time with the kids then in any other calling and you get to have fun with them while teaching them gospel principles. I totally miss it. Call or write me anytime when you need ideas...that is one thing I was always looking for. Good luck, I am sure you will do perfectly!