Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

i read a quote once when i was young, it said something like...
the moment a child is born, the mother is also born. she never existed before. the woman existed, the the mother, never. a mother is something absolutely new.
how true that quote is. even when i was pregnant and a mother-to-be, i didn't realize the true importance of actually being a mother.
when elizabeth was laid on my chest, that moment, i touched my lips to her face, and it was like i was filled with so much strength, kindness, devotion, patience,happiness, comfort, and just pure love for her.
that's when i became a mother. that is also when i gained so much more appreciation for my mother. i love her so very much! her love, her mothers love has given me and the rest of my siblings the fuel the enables us as human being to do the the impossible, to follow our dreams and to be loving individuals, and i hope i can do the same for elizabeth. i'm so honored to acknowledge mothers and to be acknowledged on mothers day.

we celebrated mothers at the turners home. it was nice being together, we even took time and all gathered around the computer to i-chatted with the taintors. i spent a lot of my time playing with the kids... mariah wanted me to make sure that i pointed out how strong she looks in her picture of us together ;)


No comments: