Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For Where Your Treasure Is, There Will Your Heart Be Also

We believe in Family Scripture Study! Although I have to be honest, this hasn't always been the case. As Elizabeth has gotten older I realized like with everything else, we have to teach by example. Elizabeth doesn't know how to read, so she has us whisper in her ear and she says it out loud. Sometimes she will tell us she knows what it says, and points to a scripture and says 'and it came it pass, and it came to pass'. Which makes us all giggle a little. Her favorite part is when we finish a chapter, she gets to draw a picture on that chapter heading with her colored pencils. I hope that she continues to have a love for her Scriptures as she grows as Ryan and I do.
After we are done reading, she usually still wants to 'pretend' to read, and normally falls asleep on her scriptures and when I see her laying there I think of this scripture.
Treasure up these words in thy heart. Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love. D&C 6:20

No comments: