Friday, June 22, 2012

Arise & Shine Forth

"I won't flirt with the darkness that I am here to fight, I'm a daughter of God, and I'm holding on to my virtue, I am confident in my divinity. You'll find me on my Father's side, no matter what the world may do." I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to be so involved with girls camp. Being a camp director was so much fun planning and participating! I am grateful that Ryan was willing to take care of our girls, so that I could go up to camp and send a couple days with the young women. Even though it was only a couple days, I really had the chance to get to know each of the girls. I think what I will treasure the very most is being able to go with my two youngest sisters. It's not everyday that you get to go back to girl's camp 11 years later and your two little sisters come with you. The first day I was there, we all had a good time hiking up to a pond, jumped into a pond. It was so fun watching the girls jump in completely spontaneous.
"If you want to give light to others, you have to glow yourself" -President Thomas S. Monson The girls really did shine so bright!

No comments: