Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Oh how I love getting together with my family on Christmas Eve for one of my favorite tradition. My dad reads the story of the birth of Christ and all the kids dress up and act out the story, it's so fun to watch their faces light up. My kids favorite part of the evening is getting GrandMerry pajamas, they get super excited for those! I'm just happy that we are able to get together as a family and this year was even more special because my grandma Isabel and grandpa Keith were able to join us! Very thankful for my family!
After spending some time with my family, we stopped by Ryan's Aunt Roxie's home to see all the cousins. They spoiled our girls with gifts, and the kids had so much fun playing together for a couple hours. This is the first big holiday without Ryan's sweet grandma Julia, and Ryan was so close with her, he's been missing her a lot. His aunt Roxie was so sweet and in memory of grandma gave Ryan a special gift, a wood puzzle. Every Christmas Grandma would give Ryan a sort of wood block puzzle because she knew he loved them and was so good at them. His aunt Roxie remembered that, and it was just the sweetest thing, and really made this holiday so special for Ryan. I'm so grateful for the family of his that we are able to stay close with.
To end the evening, we had our girls open their Christmas Eve gift, which is always a book, and we sit together and read it. Love this tradition and so do our girls.

No comments: