Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

May 11, 2008
my mom always told me that I'd never understand what it's like to be a mother until i had children of my own. i understand now only a small portion of what she meant by that because i'm still a new mother and learning daily about parenting. i do know that being a mother to elizabeth is probably the hardest thing i've ever had to do in my life! you go through so many emotions daily, but at the end of the day it's so rewarding. she is my pride and joy and i love her so much and she won't understand how much i love her until she has children of her own :)
i'm incrediably honored that i was able to celebrate as a mother this mother's day!
i want my mom to know how much i love her. i know i wasn't an easy child to raise, she and i had a rocky relationship for many years. i'm so grateful that the last few years we have healed our relationship and have become so close! she means so much to me and is always telling me how much she loves me.
i love you mom, happy mother's day!

3 comments:

Bonnie Joanne said...

Thats awesome Janie, I love you and your mom too! But Happy mothers day to you also! Love your blog!

Merry the mom said...

As you serve those you are given stewardship over...love deepens and grows its roots. When rough weather comes, the tree may be tossed and torn but the roots hold strong and endure. My love for you Janie has grown it roots deep and are eternal in nature knowing no beginning or end. My love consists of honor and pride for you in your desire to be a righteous daughter of God. My spirit knew you before you were born. I yearn for you enjoy all the blessing you deserve. The light of Christ shine all about you. Being part of your life warms my soul and gives me peace that is unlike no other. Love seems like too short of word to express to you the true essence of my heart.

Cleverly Triple said...

your mom looks like hollie in this pic...IDENTICAL! you're so teeny-tiny! SO cute!