Friday, April 3, 2009

So Long, Farewell...

i love my job, most of you know that i love what i do. it's not like i'm a doctor like my big brother adam, just a receptionist. it's mostly just desk/paper work, but working with so many different physicians and patients has always felt very meaningful. i was in 7th grade and my great grandpa hicken lived with us (sorry to break it to you all, but yes i was grandpa's favorite, he even told me so..hehe) and we eventually had to put him in a rest home. the rest home was next to my jr. high, so i would just walk down to visit him after school. Once he passed away, i volunteered not to long before they hired me and after that i just knew i wanted to be in the health care industry. it didn't matter to me if i was serving patients food, or taking them their mail, or making their next appointment, i just wanted to brighten their day and try to make a difference. i was ecstatic when i got a job at the salt lake clinic, and i have loved the past five years that i have been able to work there. i have learned so much from all the different physicians that i have worked with. i have met so many people coming into the clinic whom have taught me so much about myself. i have also created life long friendships, that i treasure.
i wanted to share just a few pictures of my friends, these ladies are full of energy and would always hear a lot of laughter coming from our desk! i already miss you all!!

i was ready for a new adventure though, and i was lucky enough to find that adventure much closer to home. i now work for an incredible pediatrician, i should know, he is elizabeths! he is such a caring and attentive physician. i have only been there a couple weeks, but i have already made some wonderful friends and i really enjoy it.


No comments: