Sunday, April 24, 2011

Scarlett's Blessing

many of you know that my brother adam and his family currently live in milwaukee for his residency. they decided to come visit over spring break, which seemed like a perfect opportunity to bless Scarlett while family was town, and even better it landed on easter!
it was our wards stake conference, so we just had the gathering at our meeting house for family and close friends.
it was a little different not having it on a fast and testimony meeting, because i have always felt like it is such a great opportunity to share with our families how i feel about the gospel. since i wasn't an actual meeting, i thought i would still share my testimony with you all now. once again, i'm so grateful to all of you that came and showed your love and support!



I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to have the gospel in my life. It has brought me so much peace and joy throughout my trials and dreams.
I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet, and I will continue to follow his counsel because I know it will lead me to my Savior.
I love my sibling and the great examples they are to me.
I'm grateful to my parents for all the lessons they continue to teach me and their support and unconditional love they give us.
I'm grateful that I am able to benefit from the atonement.
I love Ryan so much and how he helped me return to the gospel. That he blesses our home and lives with the priesthood. I'm honored we can be parents to such beautiful girls, and hope I can be a good example to them and teach them correct principles that they both will have strong testimonies. I'm grateful that my girls have taught me much about patience and love.
I love the feeling that surrounds me when I attend the Temple and serve other.
I know in the depth of my soul this Gospel is true and how much I love my Savior.
I depend on him daily because I know by loving him and following his example he has and will continue to refine and purify my life. In the name if Jesus Christ Amen.







you would think since we scheduled this blessing special because the taintor's were in town that we'd get pictures with them! nope, for some reason i had no pictures of them at the blessing. and if you know me and pictures...i had to get one! we met up with the taintor's later than evening to snap a picture! i'm so grateful that they were able to be here and share this amazing moment with us!


No comments: