Thursday, October 20, 2011

St. George Utah Temple

"You are never lost when you can see the temple. The temple will provide direction for you and your family in a world filled with chaos. It is an eternal guidepost which will help you from getting lost in the 'mist of darkness.'"
—Gary E. Stevenson

Our October Temple pick was the St. George Utah Temple. For some crazy reason we left the Temples that were far away for the end of the year. We thought since we were driving so far away, we might as well make a family vacation out of it. We decided we would all take a camping trip to Zion's National Park, and we made a marvelous pit stop at the St. George Temple. Since we had all the kids, which some were youth that could enter the Temple, we all decided to do baptisms. We all took turns, and it was such a wonderful spirit there with all the kids. Sitting and waiting with my younger sisters, I couldn't help to be grateful for the Gospel and all our trials and blessings we have had and made it through with our heavenly father guiding us as a family. Also, it was so fun to see our shared excitement in doing the work of the Lord together. I am so grateful for my family and that we were able to attend the St. George Temple together.
I urge you all to make it a goal to attend the Temple, you will see the blessings flow into your life like a river.

So, when I said we had a the whole family, that included 16 kids...yeah, you heard me. Lucky for us there was a city park up the street from the Temple. The kids had a blast running around playing with each other.


The Temple was so beautiful, every time we go to a different Temple, I always take time to really look at it, and I'm continuously amazed by the beauty of the Temple.

No comments: