Friday, October 21, 2011

Zion National Park

We decided since we were making a trip down to the St. George Temple, we should just head down to Zion National Park. When I was young, this was the place to go, I think every year we made it down to hike angels landing. Those were some great memories, so I was excited to go camping and make some memories with our little family. I'll be honest, I actually wasn't ecstatic to be going camping with a baby, but she did really well, she must be a natural camper!
I remember when I was younger, besides angels landing, I always looked forward to hiking Emerald Pools. Back then, you would hike up, and jump in the pools to cool off. There were always little frogs on the rocks, it was always so fun. Unfortunately you can't get in the pools anymore, and to be honest with the looks of the water I wouldn't take my chances. The water is defiantly not the clear emerald that I remember.
However, it was still fun hiking up with the family, and the kids had fun climbing the rocks and playing in the water.



10.22.11
Although we heard the water was cold, we still got in our suits and hiked the Gateway to the Narrows. We thought the water wouldn't be that bad, and we would hike up the water once we got to the opening to the narrows. Man were we wrong! That water was ICE COLD! I don't know how the kids were playing in the water, because when I stepped in the river my bones hurt, it seriously was frigid! The kids still had a good time, and the adults had a good time sitting in the sun watching the kids, lol.



What is camping without sitting around the fire and cooking some yummy S'mores!

No comments: