Saturday, December 31, 2011

Friends are God's way of taking care of us

Most of you know that Ryan is a convert to the church, and I know that I brag how we had the most incredible missionaries. But, I'm going to brag some more because I want you all to fully understand how truly blessed we were. I know Heavenly Father wanted Elder Baxter & Elder Wright to teach us, I have never doubted that.
It's crazy to think that Austin Baxter was just a brand new missionary out in the field when he met us. You would have never known it though, when he spoke to us, we knew what he was teaching us was true. He had a passion and knowledge of the Gospel and he wasn't afraid to share it...or challenge us.
We just had a connection with him, and he truly became such a dear friend to us. Him teaching us about the Gospel changed our lives forever. I loved that he was there to see Ryan baptized, and we even had our endowments done at the Bountiful Temple, so Elder Baxter could attend. We wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
Him and his sweet wife Sarah, whom I just adore, came to visit family during the holidays. Ryan and I always got our hopes up that they would have time to visit, and they didn't disappoint. We were so happy that we were able to see them.
They truly feel like family to us, and we feel so blessed to know them.

No comments: