Saturday, June 27, 2009

Dearest of Friends

one of my favorite traditions that i carry is to mark on my calendar every other month to go out with my dearest friends for lunch. you may think they look closer to being my mother, and yes all three of them are my mother gooses (they never hold back with advice they think i need and i have always felt so comfortable going to them with small or big problems for their guidance), but there is no doubt that they are young at heart and full of spirit! jodie (who is sitting next to me) is my soul sister, i have no doubt about it! when i am struggling with something, she knows it without me ever having to tell her! Carolyn (front right) is so soft spoken and so genuine, but keeps much to herself...she doesn't like change (i like to tease her about that) but when carolyn lets loose, she lets loose. when we first started working together after work she chaged into a metallica shirt and i thought she was joking! boy was i wrong, she was heading straight to their concert. then there is carilee, this lady seriously was meant to be a cowgirl...she just never made it to texas! when i was younger i loved watching the movie funny girl, carilee reminds me of funny girl. her laugh is contagious! megan (carilee's daughter) and noah (jodie's grandson)are family.
i have know jodie, carolyn and carilee for about 5 years, we all used to work together. most people think that it's odd that i keep in touch with coworkers and with such a gap in age. these extraordinary women are much more than coworkers to me though, we were defiantly sisters in another life.
we share such an incredibly strong connection with each other and always manage to keep our tradition going and i know it will continue. i love you ladies and am so glad that we share so much with each other!

No comments: