Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Once Again Proud Parents to a Beautiful Baby Girl!

The positive of this being my second delivery, is that I was able to be induced at 39 weeks! Those of you who may think,'oh what's another couple weeks', I guess you have never been pregnant. I was counting down the days to be induced and meet my baby girl!
I was ecstatic when we got the call from the hospital to head in. We arrived at the hospital at 8:00am, but had to wait till 10:35am to get started on pitociin.
Now most of you were aware that I was hugely pregnant, I mean, I was ALL belly! Come to find out towards the end of my pregnancy that just produced a lot of amniotic fluid. I was all baby and water, which of course was music to my ears!
Since there was so much water, it was VERY difficult to monitor the baby. Let just say my nurse and i become best friends, with her practically laying in my hospital bed with me holding the monitor and searching for the baby.
I was doing awesome on the pitocin, but the baby wasn't moving down at all, I think she physically had a hold of my rib and wouldn't let go...not to mention all the water was keeping her afloat.
My doctor decided it was time to 'trickle' my water. you heard me, she couldn't just break my water because there was so much that it could move the baby down to fast, or the baby could flip easily. Since my contractions were starting to increase, she wanted the epidural placed first, which was fine by me!
I was getting a little nervous about the epidural because I didn't have a good experience with my first delivery, so I was a bit anxious. My contraction suddenly increased in time and strength, and so did my nerves! The anesthesiologist made it into my room at 1:42pm to place the epidural, and I didn't hold back in voicing my concerns. He guaranteed he was an excellent doctor. He got me all prepared, and even let my awesome support group stand and hold my hand, as soon as he entered with the IV into my back I screamed out in pain! I couldn't stop myself, I could feel all the pressure and my whole body was shocked with pain. I kept screaming out 'I CAN FEEL IT, I CAN FEEL IT!'. The anesthesiologist proceeded to explain that the epidural space closed on him, which meant he needed to do it again. Once again, I could feel it, SCREAMING and SOBBING out in pain! Once again the space closed. I guess third times a charm, because it worked, and it was heavenly once it was placed. although i felt badly that i made a big manly man doctor sweat so much. Afterward, I looked at Ryan and I thought he was going to cry, or throw up, I couldn't tell, lol. He said that was awful to watch and hear me scream out and to have stand there and do nothing. I think at that moment,he had a huge appreciate that he didn't have to bear children, lol.
Now, I just have to say that epidurals are HEAVENLY!! Although it was painful to get, I would do it all over again!
Now that the epidural was placed, my wonderful ob 'slit' my water at 2:46pm. when she said it would be a tickle, i really thought it was going to be a trickle. False. it felt like a river, I just had to laugh about it.
my ob checked me at 5:30pm and i was still only dilated to a 5. FINALLY the baby descended, and it didn't take long after that.
It was only 5:50pm and all the sudden I felt so much pressure like I should start pushing. I told the nurse, and she explained that with the baby moving down and just being checked I may feel more pressure which was normal, but she would check me in 30 minutes.
The pressure was overwhelming, and I asked her to please check me again. I went from a 5 to a 10 in 20 minutes, the baby and I were ready!
Three pushes later, Ryan and I were once again proud parents of a beautiful baby girl!



No comments: