Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

December 25, 2008
i think when you have a child, christmas is even more exciting because you get to see the excitement in their eyes on christmas morning. it was incredibly entertaining to watch elizabeth open presents and sad at the same time that she didn't even want our help. she's growing so quickly right before our eyes and there is nothing i can do but embrace it.
it was nice that she enjoyed everything she got, even though the majority was clothes, she still giggled and clapped her hands. i have a theory that toys breed, so we only got her one big present, and it was a baby doll set. she was very pleased with it, she pushed her baby around in the stroller all morning!
ryan spoiled me with my favorite..books. he also got me a beautiful jewelery box, which will come in handy, as my family calls me a jewelery hoard because i have so much, i'm excited to now have somewhere to put it all!
i have to say that elizabeth and i spoiled ryan with guitar hero for his wii. i think having it will also help improve luring my siblings over to babysit :)
after we were able to tear ourselves away from all our fun toys we went over to ryan's aunt roxcie's and gave our gifts out to all the little kids and visited a while. i had the pleasure of holding his cousins 3 month old baby girl addison, i forgot how tiny newborns are!
then he headed over to my parents to meet up with the turners, and my dear grandma chalmers.
i say this so much, but it's true! my favorite thing is spending time with my family and i had a blast being with them on christmas! we had a great time exchanging gifts and i have to mention a couple of my favorite gifts. my parents gave the coolest gift. my mom is incredibly talented and made each family a wonder box. if you don't know what a wonder box is, google it because they are so cool! it's for emergency preparedness, but you could use them camping too. then scott and holly have to be the most generous people we know. we are in great need of a new car, ryan's jeep is dying on us (which i'm grateful it's lasted this long), the turners gave us their old camry. it's in great shape and a huge blessing! i do my best to try and help others, but scott and holly are incredible inspiration.
with the big snow storm heading our way, we went home, jumped into our p.j.'s and relaxed the rest of the night. my dad and younger siblings did stop by a little later to play guitar hero and say their goodbyes, as they were going to milwaukee for lovely lucie's baby blessing.
i do love this season and how so much centers around christ. i can't wait to continue to teach elizabeth all the resemblances between santa claus and our savior.
i hope you all had a merry christmas!





No comments: