Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

December 24, 2008
elizabeth is at such a fun age and since she is super smart we taught her all about santa. she has been saying 'santa' over and over again :)
this year for christmas eve, ryan's sweet aunt roxcie invited us over for dinner. it was nice being with his family. his cousins spoiled elizabeth with some neat toys that she loves.
afterwards we headed over to my parents where every year we read about christ's birth and all the grand kids dress up and act it all out.
it was weird because the taintor's are in milwaukee, which they have been gone since the summer. it wasn't till tonight that it really hit me that they wouldn't be here for the holidays. my sister holly called them on i chat and adam held up their new baby girl, lovely lucie as i like to call her. right at that moment it just hit me they weren't here with the family and i was so sad i just started sobbing, i miss you guys so much!!
after i regained my composure i was able to enjoy the rest of the evening with my family. it's not difficult to laugh till your cry when your around my sister holly, she is so fun to be around!
we even had the pleasure of having my sweet niece and nephew katiann and william over, whom we don't see as much.
towards the end of the evening my mom gave out her christmas eve gifts. which is always my favorite, our p.j's! she makes the majority of them, with our family growing so rapidly i wouldn't expect her to keep up!
then ryan and i took elizabeth home to open her christmas eve gift. she loves us reading to her so we gave her a christmas book about the birth of christ and she loved it.

No comments: