Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

November 27 & 28, 2008
my parents realized a few years back if they celebrated thanksgiving on friday they wouldn't have to share their married children with the in-laws. ryan's family isn't to involved with us, so the taintor side gets more of our time.
my aunt barbara, my dad's youngest sister invited us to her home. it was so fun to see the taintor side. my cousin kalliann showed up with her new baby and my funny cousin steven made us laugh. we even broke the ping pong table out after dinner, and yeah i played and pretty good i might add. it was fun visiting with my grandma taintor and her sweetheart of a boyfriend keith, who is such a big part of our family.
afterwards, we headed over to our good friends the cleverly's and enjoyed some great pie. mary is a good little baker...she used the pumpkins that were on her porch. i'm just glad enjoying the pie didn't require me to bake anything, because yes everyone knows i'm not one that loves cookin' in the kitchen.

then on friday we stuffed ourselves with my dad and mom's wonderful cooking. i'm not kidding, i seriously had to ask holly to take my plate away from me cause otherwise i'd keep eating! we even invited the next door neighbors over that just moved in and it was fun getting to know them and their cute kids. they thought our family was quite interesting. although we missed adam, danielle and the kids, we knew they were having a good thanksgiving.
after visiting and laughing we ate pie and all relaxed while watching kungfu panda. i love making memories with my family we always manage to have a blast!


2 comments:

The Taintor Family said...

Hey guys, So great to hear about your Thanksgiving. Yes, we did have a good Thanksgiving but wish we could be with you guys. Your Thanksgiving sounds absolutely wonderful, except for the store bought pies that Holly brought. But, those don't make her a bad person. ;)
Love you guys.

Holly said...

I have a great picture of you eating if you'd like me to post it.

p.s. Adam can go stuff a pie up his.... he he.