Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Elizabeth Jeanne!

I still can't believe my little Elizabeth is already 5 years old! It felt like yesterday that I was holding her in my arms for the first time! She has taught me so much, mostly how blessed I feel to be her mother and how much love I have for her! What better way to begin the morning then with some birthday presents!
After church, we headed over to the San Diego Temple. What a amazing Temple! There was this beautiful tree right when you walk into the Temple, and it was all just so wonderful. Even though it was very cold and windy, and the kids weren't all that happy, I'm glad we took time to visit the Temple. I defiantly would love to attend this Temple someday!
After the Temple, we went to Old Town and visited the San Diego Mormon Battalion Historic Site. It was amazing learning about these extraordinary people and what they accomplished all because their faith and trust in the Lord! It was truly amazing! The kids really like it too, and after the tour there was an area where the kids could play and they really enjoyed that.
It was really fun walking around Old Town and looking at everything and smelling all the yummy food. The doctor I work for told me I couldn't go to Old Town without taking Elizabeth to this fun candy shop. Since it was her birthday we let her pick something out, and so she got some fudge.
Smelling all the delicious food we made it to the Wild Coyote. It was a great Mexican restaurant. They even sang to Elizabeth and she had flan for the first time and she was so sweet and gave everyone a bite. Happy Birthday our little monkey girl, we love you so much!

No comments: